Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hit the Road Jack

Finally ! The 3 week long health insurance battle is over (for the time being). The Remicade treatments have been approved. My first infusion will be this Thursday the 23rd at 2 p.m. The treatments are given in the infusion center which is located in my Rheumatologist office at Sadler Clinic in the Woodlands. It's a big comfort to me that Dr. Randall will always be right there during the treatments just in case something were to happen.

So today I have sprung into pre-treatment mode. I went to Target and bought lots of Clorox wipes, Lysol, antibacterial soaps, and hand sanitizer. Its important that germs are kept to a minimum after treatments. My immune system will be suppressed and my body will be susceptible to viral and bacterial infections. I also stocked up on tooth brushes and purchased new bath stuff. Germs live EVERYWHERE ! So at the slightest sniffle or cough everything must be thrown away and exchanged for new. The pantry is now full of different soups and Gatorade. With side effects unknown and varying with each patient, I am prepared for the worst. But hopefully the nausea and fatigue won't last more than a few days after treatment.

Today's song is dedicated to all the germs out there. "Germs ya betta watch your back cuz I'm comin' for ya with Lysol in both hands !!" So take Mr. Ray Charles' advice and.......

"Hit the road Jack
And don't cha come back
No more, no more, no more, no more.
Hit the road Jack
And don't cha come back no more!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment