Even from a young age writing has always been an outlet for me. It is another creative way to express what's on the inside of me. And I would like to think that I am some what good at it. I use to write quite a bit actually and have had some of my works printed in school literature magazines and even been recognized on the college level for the ability to put my creativity into words and on paper. My parents have always loved to read my writings and I loved to write for them. In fact my Mom has kept several of my old works. And she carries them with her folded up in her purse as a reminder of me. A reminder of my struggles, triumphs, and emotions. A reminder to whisper a prayer up to heaven on my behalf. And a reminder of the love and faithfulness God so willingly gives. So today I am breaking my blog rule. I made the rules so I can break them. Today I am sharing with you a piece of me, a poem that I wrote my sophomore year of high school 2003. My poem is a simile of my experiences with pain and with God. Hope you enjoy.
I Am But He Is
My disease is a thunderstorm
a down pour of hardship.
The pain is a broken glass
so sharp, so shattering.
My days are staircases,
taking each day step by step.
My night is a basement
so dark, so quiet, so alone.
BUT
God is the wind
I can't see Him, but I can feel Him.
He is the glue
that puts my broken pieces back together again.
The stair rail is my faith,
my support.
My God is my light,
pushing back the darkness
so that my eyes will be open to see,
My Future, My Destiny.

Courtney, You are and always have been an inspiration to me. I love reading what you write. You sould put all of your writings in a book form someday. There is no telling how many people you could touch with it. Hope this new series of shots work for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. I love you so much. Aunt Barbara
ReplyDelete